Educational Innovation Ecosystem
What is Georgia Tech’s Educational Innovation Ecosystem?
Guided by the Office of the Provost, Georgia Tech’s Educational Innovation Ecosystem (EIE) is a coordinated effort of Institute units dedicated to the systemic exploration, development, adoption, and assessment of new and innovative educational methodologies and curricular models, and to furthering the Institute’s efforts in lifelong learning initiatives for both traditional and nontraditional learners. Together, the units grow, support and expand the educational experience at Georgia Tech.
Put people first – faculty and students desire trust and acceptance.
Explore how to enhance teaching and learning continuously and solve the next educational challenge(s).
Focus on identifying opportunities/problems first, technology second.
Explore IT interconnections and what might plug into our academic technology infrastructure.
Provide training and documentation with robust support.
Offer evidence-based solutions with data-informed implementation.
Member Organizations and Units
- Center for 21st Century Universities
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- Georgia Tech Professional Education
- Office of Information Technology
- Georgia Tech Library
- Center for Education Integrating Science, Mathematics, and Computing
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Executive Vice President for Research
- Office of Undergraduate Education
- Office of the Vice Provost for Graduate Education and Faculty Development
- Office of Academic Effectiveness
Initiatives of the educational innovation ecosystem include:
- Commission on Creating the Next in Education
- Learning Management System (LMS) Project - Canvas LMS Implementation
- MOOC Request for Proposals
- GT-Fire Education Grants
- Council for Educational Technology
The members of the EIE play a critical role in the way the educational experience is delivered to the Georgia Tech learner - both residential and digital, from undergraduate and graduate students, to professionals seeking certifications, and the many learners in-between. Together as a team, these units lead and guide the educational innovation mission for the Institute.